What is a Data Management Platform & Do I Need One?
By Kerry Guard
A DMP -- or Data Management Platform -- is a centralized location that use first and third party data sources to create custom data segments.
These segments are valuable because:
- They allow brands to target campaigns more accurately
- Brands can measure which audience segments performed the best
- Brands can refine media buying efficiencies as they collect actionable results over time
And these are just a few of the valuable examples —- Woot!
As an advertiser, how do you know if you need a DMP or not?
Well, here are a couple questions to get the conversation started:
- Does your brand manage campaigns across multiple ad networks, data partners & inventory exchange sources?
- Do you want a tighter leash on your advertising costs and hone in on ROI as your key performance metric?
- Does your brand retarget users and you'd like to scale this tactic up or target more specific niches?
- Does your company buy media placements, third party data or utilize inventory exchange sources on a regular basis?