Job Posting: SEO Intern for Spring 2016
By Mike Krass on November 2, 2015
MKG is hiring a SEO intern!
Oh my goodness - two job postings in 1 day!
This blog post outlines an internship opportunity here at MKG Marketing Inc beginning in January 2016.
This job posting will cover:
- Vision & opportunity: Who is this person and how far can they spread their wings?
- Day to day: What your roles and responsibilities will look like.
- Job requirements: What skills should you already have or be in the process of learning?
Vision & Opportunity
This position is an Internship-to-Full Time Employment (FTE) opportunity.
In a perfect world, we’d like to hire this job as an intern for the Spring and, if everybody enjoys working together, a full time job offer would be extended in June 2016 as long as Chuck Norris and the rest of the team give a thumbs up.
Our vision for your day-to-day responsibilities:
- SEO research & analysis
- SEO tool management
- Technical SEO - analysis
- Full-funnel SEO hands-on training
- Off-page SEO - outreach and link building
- Evergreen generation - from idea to execution
- SEO results analysis
In our opinion, the opportunity upside is huge for this position. We want to hire a motivated individual who can grow into this job and work with an experience SEO that has done work for companies ranging from Fortune 500 companies to local doctor offices.
We value individuals who are team players, love to learn, and want to work with some kickass people. There’s a reason why our clients and partners stick with us for years :)
Day to Day: SEO
- Account Support for SEO Customers: Provide support to Director of Search Marketing (Christian Bullock) wherever requested.
- Research & analysis: Provide SEO research and analysis while we are in the process of developing and executing SEO strategy for our customers.
- Technical, on-page SEO work: With guidance from Director of Search Marketing, you will be taught the ropes of how to perform a thorough and actionable Technical SEO audit. Bonus: You’ll also be taught how to actually implement these changes!
- Tool management: learn how to use a plethora of SEO tools to pull insights and analysis from.
- Off-page: learn outreach tactics and how to do effective link building.
- Evergreen generation: from idea to execution, see how to create evergreen that drives business goals.
- Full-funnel hands on training: learn from an experienced SEO and see why online marketing is both a creative and fun industry to be in.
Day to Day: Analytics
- Marketing Analytics Overview: Play a support role in organic acquisition analytics needs. Examples include pulling reporting from Google Analytics, developing data analysis skills & supplying the “why things are happening” answers for monthly organic acquisition reporting (SEO/Referrals).
- Google Analytics Co-Leader: Lead Google Analytics deployments, technical audits and fixes. BONUS POINTS if you have enhanced Ecommerce experience.
- Google Tag Manager Support: Deploy marketing tags, Google Analytics Universal Analytics and using data layers on a regular basis.
- Technical Auditor: Play a secondary role and audit with technical audits of systems and tools.
Candidate should have the following skills and credentials:
- Google Analytics Individual Qualification (IQ Certified)
- Knowledge of Search Engine Algorithms (Google, Yahoo, Bing)
- Working understanding of SEO
- Ability to manage multiple clients and projects simultaneously
- Flexible to consider working part time (10-30 hours/week) during internship period.
- Based in Portland, OR metropolitan area (PDX, Vancouver, Beaverton, etc)
- Bonus: Have used SEO tools like Raven, Moz, Search Console, and more.
- Bonus: Google Tag Manager certified.
- Bonus: Understand WordPress, SquareSpace or similar CMS platforms.
Does this sound like you?
If you are ready to work in a fun, face-paced environment that offers serious room to grow, then fill in the form under the meme of Leo below :)