Who is hiring a Paid Search specialist? We are!
By Mike Krass on February 10, 2016
This position is a 90 day contract position. But, our goal is to evaluate working together for 90 days, and if it’s a good fit, extend an offer for Full Time Employment (FTE).
Our vision for this position is:
- 50% Paid Search across Google AdWords & Bing Ads
- 50% Paid Social on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
We’re looking for outside-of-the-box thinkers; individuals who aren’t afraid to think of new ways to try things and test. Ideally: you have your testing hat on 24/7 and are continuously thinking about how you can try new ad copy / imagery / targeting / etc.
You know that failure is inevitable. But failing is learning. And you can react quickly to try something new if you see something not gaining traction like you thought it would.
You’ll be working with client accounts that allow the flexibility to test and try new things.
In our opinion, the opportunity upside is huge for this position. We want to hire a motivated individual who can grow into this job alongside our SEM Manager, Jessica Ward.
Day to Day: Paid SEM
- Primary Strategist and Optimization Expert for SEM Campaigns: Provide paid SEM strategy in campaign build outs, daily optimizations, and campaign efficiencies (billing, reporting, etc).
- Daily SEM Optimizations: Make tweaks to paid search campaigns for clients that MKG works with in our portfolio. You will be supplied with automated reporting / insight tools and processes and we want you to set up a daily ‘schedule’ each week of which accounts you are going to work on.
Day to Day: Social PPC
- Primary Strategist and Optimization Expert for Social PPC Campaigns: Provide social PPC strategy in campaign build outs, optimizations, and efficiencies.
- Daily Social PPC Optimizations: Make tweaks to social PPC campaigns that MKG is managing. Same comment as the ‘Daily SEM optimizations’ above - we will provide you with lots of resources and shortcuts to help optimize campaigns.
- Test and Track: Apply testing strategies to accounts and make hard, fast decisions based on output. Document these tests and work on a testing matrix schedule that will provide a history for future testing.
Candidate should have the following skills and credentials:
- 2+ years of SEM experience (AdWords and Bing Ads)
- 2+ years of Facebook ads experience
- Active Google AdWords and Bing Ads certifications
- Ability to manage multiple clients and projects simultaneously
- Minimum education requirements: A bachelor's degree from an accredited 4-year university or in process of acquiring said degree
- Based in Portland, OR or Seattle, WA metropolitan areas
- Bonus: Google Analytics Individual Qualification (IQ Certified)
- Bonus: Google Tag Manager analytics academy course completed
"How do I apply?"
If this sounds like a great opportunity for you, then apply using the Google form below :)