View from Here: June 2019
Last month marked the first View from Here post on the blog. If you didn't get a chance to read that I'd highly recommend familiarizing yourself with the format by reading the May 2019 post.
As a quick reminder the monthly View from Here post will cover topics such as:
- Company goals (and progress to these goals)
- News and current and new team members
- Victories that our clients are seeing in a not-so-humble-brag format :)
We're going to write about these topics (and more!) using the lens of the past 30 days.
So ... what happened at MKG Marketing in the past 30 days?
Quarterly All Hands Meeting: Complete!
All-hands meetings at MKG are important because they help us live our value of Transparency. They also help align the team as we continue to deliver first class service to our clients.
Every quarter the team puts their digital marketing pencils down to spend 90 minutes talking about:
- Company mission, goals, strategy and performance
- Celebrate people and accomplishments
- Live Q&A
Our Q2 2019 all hands meeting was held on Friday, May 24th. During that meeting we discussed:
- New faces on the team
- An internal promotion (more on that below!)
- Financial performance through the first half of 2019
- Adjustment to our team and client structure
- Sales and marketing activity that didn't work as well as we wanted it to in the first part of the year
- Our pivot'd sales and marketing plans for the second half of 2019
Does your company have a regular meeting rhythm for All Company meeting? We'd love to hear about it on Twitter at @mkgmarketinginc if you do!
Digital Marketing Session with El Centro
The mission for El Centro is to provide financial education along with sales, marketing and business counseling to individuals and entrepreneurs of different nationalities.
In May we had the opportunity to speak to a group of 8 business owners going through the 6-week El Centro accelerator program about the basics of digital marketing for their business.
If you want to learn more about El Centro's mission, you can check out the 2018 annual report on their website: [https://www.elcentrola.org/impacto.html](https://www.elcentrola.org/impacto.html
John Ballard Joins the Team
The team has continued to grow! Last month John Ballard joined the team as an SEO Expert, bringing us to 11 full time digital marketers.
A few fun facts about John:
- When it comes to fast casual, John is a huge fan of Raising Cane's and Izzo's Illegal Burritos (we've all got our food vices!)
- A native of the great state of Texas, John now calls Philadelphia, PA home with his wife and two fur babies (aka dogs)
- With more than 8 years of experience as an SEO along with more years of digital marketing expertise, John brings a ton of valuable knowledge to our client accounts
If you haven't already gone to LinkedIn to digitally wave "hello" to John, visit the link below to make him welcome as he gets his feet under him here at MKG Marketing.
Adam Bullock Promoted to Account Director
After three years at MKG Marketing, we are proud to announce that Adam Bullock earned a promotion to the role of Account Director.
If you want to say congrats on the new role directly to Adam you can leave us a post on the wall of our Facebook company page by visiting this link: https://www.facebook.com/mkgmarketinginc/
Jenna Returns to Work on June 3rd
After welcoming a new addition to their family earlier this year, Jenna is returning to work on Monday, June 3rd (that's today!)
Feel free to welcome her back to work by leaving a post on the wall of our Facebook company page: https://www.facebook.com/mkgmarketinginc/
That's a wrap!
Lots of exciting things happening at MKG in the past 30 days - and even more are on the horizon!
If you have any questions for me directly, don't hesitate to visit our contact page to ask them or hit us up on Twitter at @mkgmarketinginc