SEO content briefs to improve website CTR2 minutes to read
At the beginning of 2019 it became clear to Informatica (An enterprise cloud data management company) and us, MKG Marketing, that their Organic Search click through rate (CTR) to most sections of the Informatica website had been declining.
Instill best practices
MKG had been worked closely with Randi Bartelmie, Director of SEO and Social Media at Informatica, leveraging Informatica’s Content Development, Web Development, and Product Management teams to:
- Identify opportunities to expand Informatica’s organic reach through research and selection of priority keywords
- Recommend and implement the on-page optimization of existing website content, including reviewing blogs before publication.
- Recommend and implement backend technical SEO optimizations impacting the website as a whole
- Generate and optimize new content to maintain and grow authority
Why was CTR declining?
The CTR was decreasing because the search engines were not serving important content. Ranking thorough, easy-to-consume, educational content would build authority for our primary keyword terms.
Our recommended solution
We recommended creating a new section of content on the main Informatica website. We provided content briefs for each page with our proven page flow of Define, Educate, and Inspire. By using our content briefs, Informatica quickly produced the new section of content.
We would measure success via:
- Improved Authority
- Increase in ranking keywords
- Increase in page ranking
- Improved brand awareness and conversions
- Increase in impressions
- Increase in organic search traffic
- Increase in gated asset downloads
How we rolled out the new section
And thus, the Reference Articles section of the Informatica website and the SEO Content Brief process was born and it looked something like this:
- Informatica/MKG researched and selected target keywords
- MKG produced the SEO Content Brief in the Define, Educate, Inspire format
- Informatica Content Team produced a reference article based on the brief
- MKG optimized review the reference article copy and provide on page optimization recommendations
- Informatica implemented SEO recommendations and published the new article
This resulted in the first article, What is iPaaS, going live in April of 2019 and another 8 articles were added by the end of year.
Fast-forward to the present day where there are a total of 46 live articles that:
- Ranking 1,051 keywords
- 311 keywords ranking on Page 1
- 1,000 highly qualified visits a week
- Lead generation increased a 100% via gated asset download