As we're approaching 2014, we wanted to take some time to reflect on how 2013 treated us. To be frank: 2013 was a kick-ass year for MKG Marketing. Allow us to explain why!
We couldn't be in the position that we are in now without our clients - both past and current. You trusted us to help grow your business, and we hope that our work rose to the occasion and delivered on your needs.
Many thanks goes out to you for allowing us to be your online marketing partner.
2013 was the first year Christian Bullock, our Director of Search Engine Marketing (SEM), worked for MKG Marketing full time. Adding his skills to our team on a full-time basis supported a lot of the growth we experienced this year.
We would also like to thank Jammin' Jamin, who was our Summer intern this year and really took to his role with passion and gusto. He's now a Google Student Ambassador and we couldn't think of a better individual to fill in those shoes.
Our Focus on Giving Back to the Internet
Our entire team focused on producing timely, useful content for marketers to read and learn from.
This focus on developing quality content paid off -- big time!
As you can see in the Google Analytics screenshot, we made the following gains:
- 6,303 more visits year-over-year
- 5,000 unique visitors year-over-year
- 7,843 pages viewed year-over-year
On that note, we also wanted to share our most-visited blog content for the past year. Below is a list of our top seven blog posts from 2013:
- How to Calculate Lifetime Value of a Loyal Customer - this post breaks down the factors on how to calculate this value as well as an easy formula that can help you figure out this important metric for your own organization.
- Google Tag Manager - What Is It and Three Fixes To Common Problems - this post explains what Google Tag Manager (GTM) is, what it is useful for, and some solutions for three common problems many users are experiencing with the tool.
- Three Interactive Dashboarding Tools Your Company Should Be Using - this post goes over three dashboard tools - Dashzen, Leftronic and GoodData - and goes over pros and cons for all three options.
- Four Characteristics of a Loyal Customer - read four characteristics loyal customers all tend to share to help you identify and target potential loyal customers for your product or service.
- Content Marketing Bible: 8 Great Content Types to Produce - view 8 types of content that tend to be well received in a content marketing strategy that you are looking to produce.
- Google Authorship: A How-To Guide - see how you can follow 4 easy steps to get your Google+ profile hooked up to your site content so you can start getting authorship attribution on Google's search engine result pages.
- Four Things to Consider When Evaluating Banner Creative - we walk you through our process of evaluating whether or not banner creative is informative, eye-catching and actionable.
So, What Does 2014 Hold in Store?
This next year holds quite a lot in store for the MKG Marketing team. Let us give you an idea of what we have planned:
- Company Growth -- We're looking to add another talented digital marketer to the team in 2014. If you think you may be that individual, please email us at [email protected] and tell us why you believe you'd be a good fit for the team!
- Revenue Growth -- In June, we set a Big Hairy Audacious Goal (BHAG term courtesy of Moz founder Rand Fishkin) looking to triple our quarterly revenue by June 2014. Why this number? Because it allows us to comfortably add another member to the team, invest in our company and host fun company-wide events like National Go to San Diego Day (oh yes -- it's happening!)
- Our Company Purpose Revealed: We'll be announcing our purpose as a company; the real reason why we exist in this world and how we strive to make a difference. Stay tuned for that!
- Website Redesign -- With our company purpose exercise comes a ... SITE REDESIGN! Keep your eyes peeled for that as well.
That's a Wrap on 2013!
With that in mind, we wish everyone a Happy New Year!