Meaningful relationships lead to meaningful results2 minutes to read
Meet our client
Daniel Santos is a modern-day hero and not just because he loves the Marvel Universe.
Dan is the senior director of demand, digital and growth marketing at Maxim Integrated (a tech manufacturing and semiconductors company).
A tall order
Maxim Integrated needed to build out their infrastructure correctly from a digital ecosystem and lifecycle management perspective.
Dan was brought in to help the acting Chief Marketing Officer get this done.
That’s a lot of pressure! With some obvious concerns tied to the assignment.
- Bring in the wrong partner and prepare to lose face. Dan was the champion of bringing MKG Marketing on board to the acting CMO.
- With that in mind, we needed to deliver results. The board of directors had their eyes on SEO performance. From the top to bottom of the organization everybody was paying attention to how we performed.
We always get in your boat
We understood Dan’s fears. He had just started a new, high profile position and did not want to fail.
Most importantly Dan wanted everyone to be committed to being “in the boat” together rowing towards our goals.
To tackle what Maxim Integrated needed we both built out the strategy as well as worked with internal stakeholders in different departments to make sure it was executed properly.
- Content, content, content: Working on content optimization with the content team
- Internal link strategy: Backlink analysis and optimization with the IT department
- Partnerships: Audience segmentation based on buyer journeys with the corporate marketing team as well as individual Business Units (BU’s). We even held a meeting or two with the internal Paid Search Manager to ensure that Paid and Organic Search efforts were aligned
Three year partnership pay off
In 2020, due to COViD and website traffic that generally comes from China, overall SEO website traffic dropped 23% from Maxim Integrated's Fiscal year of FY19 versus FY20. With our partnership and strategy of content, internal links, and partnership we were able to regain the loss and grow the traffic 20%, recouping traffic lost in FY20 and making a 7% gain over FY19.